Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Kids are freakin' smart

Okay, Katelyn really is smart, but I have to joke a little bit about recent events. First let me say in her defense, she just turned 2 in August and can do the following.

-Sing her ABC's
-Count to 10 very well and to 20 semi-well
-Speak in complete sentences and they make sense, we can understand 95% of what she says
-Count to 10 in Spanish
-Knows her shapes, and colors for the most part. Can identify the numbers 5,8,6,2 and occasionally others.
-Says her prayers all by herself. A couple of days ago she prayed for the Bronco's. We got her trained.
-Can recite all the nursery rhymes on demand.
-Can sing in tune with most of the words over 20 songs.

Now for the funny stories.

-Apparently Preston is a prodigy. He speaks when we leave the room. Just the other day while Stephen was showering and I was in bed, he told Katelyn that he wanted her to get him out of the car seat and drop him on the floor. She told me, "Preston said Katelyn hold you." Right, I am sure he did.

-It has been very snowy here. We were leaving the library when Katelyn said she was eating snow. Okay, I thought. I look back and she is licking the snow off the bottom of her shoe. I freaked out and told her that was disgusting. Next thing I know, "This is disgusting," she says as she licks the bottom of her own shoe. Nice.

5 comments:

Michelle Burk said...

You have to love little kids. The fun has only just begun! Keep blogging! You'll have enough stories like these to publish someday.

Joni said...

That's hilarious!! Gotta love little kids.

Glenn Makechnie said...

Hey. This is Glenn (Kim's Husband). There is a link to her etsy site on our blog.

Leslie said...

I love that last story! She is too funny! I also love your blog, and your little boy is very cute. Thanks for you comments on my blog. It's nice to know someone who just had baby number two, and that he was a boy. That way, you can give me all sorts of pointers!

JoAnn said...

Katelyn, you are such a wonderful big sister, I believe that Preston did tell you to pick him up, even if your mom and dad don't. I love you very much even if you are a disgusting little snow eater. :)
Love your Aunt JoAnn