Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Married to Daddy...

Okay so funny story. I dropped off a thank you note to Lee Read Jewelers for fixing my ring, and Katelyn noticed it was a jewelry store. I told her that was where Daddy bought my wedding ring. I showed her my finger and briefly explained the purpose of it. She replied, "Oh ya, you are married to daddy and so am I." So I snottily said, "Oh where's your ring?" She looked at her finger and replied that she didn't have one but when she gets bigger, she will have one. And then a minute later she replied, "Oh yeah, I do have a ring, it's at home in my princess game!" I love that girl.

I wanted to give a shout out to my in-laws. Stephen's grandparents came into town unexpectedly and it was so good to see them. I absolutely love my in-laws. I have felt so welcomed into this family and I love each one of them. I started crying tonight as we were saying our good-byes because they are both in their 80's and I am terrified that every time I see them it will be the last time. My father in law gave me a big hug and told me how much he loved me. I am so thankful to that man and the fatherly love that he shows to me every time I see him. He always greets me with a smile and we part with a hug. I am so grateful for him, we tease each other all the time, but I know that he knows who I am and loves me unconditionally. I am very lucky.

5 comments:

Stephen said...

Yes, we Nicolaysens have always been accepting, compassionate, understanding, loving, empathetic and sincere. Sometimes I wish I knew how to turn it off, but I don't.

Cammy Patton said...

Don't you feel so blessed to have great in-laws? I hear so many horror stories, but mine are absolutely terrific as well. I hope I can be a good one... but I love my little boys so much... is any woman going to be good enough for them :) I'm kidding... I will be civil and mind my manners.

Kami Satterlee said...

So cute! I love that you love your fam so much. You're so adorable

Julia said...

Uh...yes...you embody all those traits Stephen. Keep telling yourself that.

Anna Beal said...

My girls think they are married to Daddy too. So funny.