Monday, April 1, 2013

Happenings...






 
I don't have any great stories about Easter Sunday but we did get some cute pics of the kids so I figured that should be an update.
 
Stephen:  Has been working hard visiting every restaurant and working overnight there to replace their store registers. He's been leaving on Sunday's and coming home on Thursday's for the last 6 weeks. He is exhausted, and so am I. It ends this week so we are all excited to get back to normal life. He is the secretary of the Elder's Quorum in our ward. He is the best dad and loves to play with the kids. He also takes me out once a week for a much needed date. I love him so much. He is so handsome to me. Oh the other day Katelyn annoyingly asked when we were going to stop dating each other. I hope not for a long time! :)
 
Kendra:  Got released from being the Secretary of the Primary because I thought I didn't have a testimony and felt like a fraud for being in some what of a leadership position. Literally a week later, got my answer that I've been looking for. Oh well. :) I have been working out 3+ days a week at the YMCA and trying to get my bum in shape. I like how I feel when I work out and I have been liking how I look also. I have figured out that there is no magic pill to make you skinny. You just have to work hard and eat healthy. It also has been taking longer than I'd like, but I am not going to starve myself, and I think I have a healthy rate of loss so the weight will stay off. We also have decided that we kinda have a grip on three kids and maybe our family isn't quite complete. We are thinking we want one more child. THIS IS NOT AN ANNOUNCEMENT! :) I have been having lunch dates with friends and driving the kids too and fro. Also I spend a lot of time cleaning my house, but I enjoy it and I like my house clean, so to me it's worth it. I was recently in the Ten Virgins play for our ward and we practiced so hard and did a great job as a group that they have asked us to do it for the Stake. So that is coming up in April. Also, my birthday is in 2 weeks. I don't know what it is about my birthday, but I freaking love it. I love that I get to spend money on whatever I want and just have fun.
 
Katelyn:  Is 6 1/2 now and such a fire cracker. Some times she is the sweetest thing and sometimes she just blows up. She is doing really well in school and enjoys being there. She is really good at reading and math. The other Sunday she gave a talk on resurrection and she talked about my brother Josh dying and how he will be resurrected. When she read it to me I started crying. I told her I was crying 1. Because I felt the spirit 2. Because I miss Josh 3. Because she is READING! Big words too! I am so proud of her, she is blossoming into such a lovely young lady. She takes Ballet once a week and soon will start Soccer on Saturdays and swim lessons on Tuesday's and Thursdays. We have a pool in our neighborhood and last summer the kids swam all over the place and this winter they lost their confidence. So we are trying to rebuild it before the summer hits.
 
Preston:  Is 4 1/2 now and such a little joy. He is so handsome. He got new glasses about 6 months ago. We took the rest of the family in and last minute decided to have him checked out. Turns out he wasn't seeing out of one eye. He had a lazy eye but no one knew it because his eye wasn't crossing. He also has a stigmatism and I was told that he will have to wear glasses the rest of his life. Good thing he's so freaking cute in them. He is in preschool and learning a lot. The first half of the year I had him in one that was basically like a day care where they played for an hour and then watched shows and ate snacks. In just 2 months, he has learned letters, numbers, and is beginning to write his name. He loves to go to "fun club" at the YMCA and will start soccer and swim lessons when Katelyn does.
 
Holden:  Sweet, sweet Holden. Oh this boy brings me so much joy. He is literally the happiest kid I have ever seen. He is so chill most of the time. He doesn't have a nap schedule because he just goes with the flow of what I am doing for the day. Has slept 12 hours since he was about 4 months old. He is a tank, literally. He weights 30 pounds. He is in the 90% for weight and 70% for height. His feet are as big as Katelyn's when she was 2 1/2. He is 15 months now and just took his first independent steps on Saturday. He walks along furniture and with you, crawls like crazy, and goes up and down the stairs all by himself. He'll get it in time, I'm not too worried about him.
 
 
So that's what's been going on. Life is good and busy. I got off of facebook for a while because I felt like it was creating a false sense of friendship. You think you are closer to people than you actually are because you get the details of their lives. It's been interesting to see who I've hung out with since I've gotten off. Life is good. I was telling an old friend that even if I could have imagined the best scenario for how my life was going to turn out, it is better than that. I am one lucky girl.

4 comments:

Dani said...

Thanks for the update! Love seeing all your beautiful kids, and you of course!

Krista Hegstrom said...

Love this and love you!

Brother Golightly said...

Dear Kendra,

I don't know if you and Stephen remember me ( it's been a LONG TIME ) but I remember YOU!

I tried your old number, but it's been disconnected. I wanted to check some details about some things that happened WAY BACK WHEN.

If you

Brother Golightly said...

Sorry about that.

If you would be willing to talk to an OLD seminary teacher, call me at (208) 615 - 1939.

Thanks!

Brother Golightly