Saturday, August 23, 2014

Baby #4 And Their Ain't No More....

We're doing it...having another baby. Most of you probably already know this news since I'm 33 weeks along, but for some of you it might be new information. We are having another boy. We are thinking the name will be Ethan Scott. Scott was my brother Josh's middle name, he past away 15 years ago.  I was a bit bummed for like a day or two that it wasn't another girl. I quickly got over it, I'm excited now. My boys are so sweet and cuddly. This will be our last child, and I feel very good about it. With Holden I thought we were done but I had some remorse about  the thought of not having another child. It's gone, phew. I am super excited to have another infant and go through the whole birthing experience but I don't feel the need to do it again. I'm due October 13th, but hopefully will be 2 weeks early like I was with Katelyn and Holden.

We have an annual zoo pass and a pass to the aquarium, that we have been taking advantage of. This summer I have been just hanging out with the kids. I got off facebook in April and have just been living my life. Normally I want a friend to come with me every time I take my kids out, but I have been more than ok with just going by myself. We've done the $1 summer movies, kids bowl free, swimming at our neighborhood pool, and going to parks. It's been a full, busy summer and I am glad it's coming to an end. It has been very hard in the last couple of weeks to be pregnant with all the kids at home.  I have insisted that I get a nap every afternoon, so I lay with Holden in my bed and have Katelyn and Preston watch a Disney show downstairs. I give them plenty of snacks and set the alarm so they won't answer the door. Love my alarm btw. We have had house and car break ins in our neighborhood a lot this summer. And get this, bums sleeping in people's back yards. I would freak out.

Katelyn will be starting 3rd grade this year and is also starting to take piano lessons.  She donated 9 inches of her hair to make wigs for kids with cancer. She loves to sing and is pretty good at it too. She is still sassy but also has a very sweet and tender side that appears every so often. We love to have her in our family. Stephen built her a doll house for her birthday that is absolutely beautiful and was way more work than we thought it would be. Hopefully it will last for years. She turns 8 on August 25th and will be baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in September.

Preston will be starting kindergarten this year and he is so excited. He is my rules kid and likes to know what is going on in advance at all times so we have had several discussions on how many days until school starts, what its going to be like, where the bathrooms are, etc. He has afternoon kindergarten and this year the bus will pick him up from our home! Mom is excited about that!  He was doing gymnastics, all the kids were last year, but I decided to give myself a year off with the new baby coming.

Holden, my oh my. He's huge still. No one can believe that he's only 2 1/2. He's starting to talk and doesn't stop. Every minute, "Where are we going Mom? What are you doing Mom? Mom, Mom, Mom." He is a momma's boy. He still wants to be carried everywhere even though he is almost 40 pounds, and he's so cute that I have a hard time telling him no. He seriously makes the whole family laugh. He is in a big boy bed, but still has a binki and is freaked out by the idea of wearing underwear. He thinks it's hilarious to slap my belly and doesn't think there's a baby in my belly, there is one in his.

Stephen and I just celebrated our 10 year anniversary! We went to Ruth's Chris for dinner and went to the Anniversary Inn for a night. He is seriously my best friend. He makes me laugh so much and I love at the end of the day we talk to each other about the good and bad things that happened. He is the unconditional love and support system that I never had. I love him very much. Oh and he's hot.
Well that about covers it. Hope all is well with friends and family that we don't see very much. I updated pictures on the side of our family. No belly shots, no one wants to see that. Lol.

3 comments:

Cammy Patton said...

Congrats on baby #4! I love your update! P.s. We have a zoo and aquarium pass too so if you ever feel like having company let me know because I miss your hilarious self.

Krista Hegstrom said...

Oh you're so good to update your blog! Look at you! I love your guts!

sjs0380 said...

Congratulations! I loved hearing the update! Good luck with everything. Stacey