Friday, January 22, 2010

Ah Katelyn


A couple of mornings ago Katelyn woke up and in a teary voice asked me, "Do you remember yesterday when the Daddy got killed by a pirate?" The night before Stephen and Katelyn played Risk together, I asked her if she was talking about the game or if she had a bad dream. She replied it was in a dream and it was really scary. For the last 3 days if you get in the vicinity of Katelyn she will tell you about her dream where, "Her daddy named Stephen was killed by a pirate." And then she decided to add onto the story by saying that Myself, Katelyn and Preston killed the pirate after he killed Stephen. I don't know where her obsession with killing comes from but I hope its a phase that ends quickly.

I have been working with Katelyn on chores because I don't want it to be an issue when she gets older and has to do them. Whenever she is done eating she puts her dishes in the sink. I have been having her put her clothes away after I fold them and I give her a coin right after she accomplishes the task. Well the last time we did it she chose her coin (I have a bag full of coins) and originally she chose 2 quarters. Well then she decided to switch them and get 2 pennies. Sweet! I love this age where you can get them to do things for practically nothing. She asked me if I was getting coins for doing laundry too. I replied yes, she asked me where my bank was and I said that I didn't have one. So the sweet little thang went into her room and got her pink piggy bank full of money and gave it to me so I could have one too. Don't worry, I am not going to keep it. I tried to give it back and she was offended, so I will give it a couple of days.

Katelyn has been such a sweet girl and is understanding that throwing fits doesn't work. She is so stinking smart and I love being her mother.

3 comments:

Amy Michelle said...

Argh Matey!

Amberly said...

so darling! we are working on chores too, you are smart to start early! will you send me your mailing address please?? amberly.robinson@gmail.com

The Nielsons said...

You are a smart woman...sounds like Katelyn got her smarts and attitude from you :)