Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sometimes I wonder

Sometimes I think about what my life would be like if I'd waited longer to have children. I married when I was 19, bought our first home when I was 20, and had Katelyn when I was 21. I remember wanting to be pregnant so badly and crying often about it. We tried for 6 months and nothing happened, then I had a lapriscopic surgery and BAM, I was pregnant within a week. It seems I think of this especially when Katelyn is acting out. A couple of nights ago Stephen was out of town and I was putting Katelyn to bed. I was expressing my love to her and I felt the spirit so strong. I stared bawling. I love my children so much. I want to instill in them my unconditional love for them. I want there never to be a doubt how much I love and care for them, and how proud I am of them and their accomplishments. I may not have a degree, I may not have gone to 3rd world countries to help people, but I am helping my family. I am just where I am supposed to be. I love my life just how it is and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

**I am recording this so in a week when I question it again I can remember those sweet feelings again. Baa haa.

4 comments:

Amy Michelle said...

It is so wonderful when we are able to have those moments. I think often times we as parents are too busy and caught up in other stuff that we miss moments like that.

Oh and good for you to write it down so you can remember....cause sometimes they are just too much!

Sunshine Preschool said...

Kendra,
Don't you love those moments? I think it's God's way of showing us every now and then why we're so glad we have our kiddos, so we can think of those precious times when we're not feeling our kids are too precious! :) And I know what you mean about wondering what your life would be like - I was married at 17 with a baby at 18. 3 kids by the time I was 22. It's fun having them older now (and a brand new one on the way!) and I'll have my hands full for quite some time now. Best wishes!
- Joy

Krista Hegstrom said...

Thanks for coming yesterday. It was so good to see you! Love you cousin!

Stacey said...

Great idea to record it. You will need constant reminders (Why did I have children again? Oh yeah). It's a good reminder to the rest of us to. I certainly need to enjoy my children more than I do - especially when they still love me so much. I think you need to print this as well so that your children can read it at some point too.