Tuesday, May 11, 2010

New rocking chairs




So I am terrible at projects that take longer than an hour to make. I bought these wood rocking chairs from Michaels and bought 2 cans of spray paint. I thought I would just spray them and be done. My sweet Mother-in-law informed me that I need to spray, dry, sand, wipe, and repeat about 8 times. We went through 2 cans of spray paint and a couple of season changes. And that's where she lost me. I think she got tired of these just sitting in her garage because she finished them for me!! Yay! The kids love them. Yesterday we read books in them and sorry for the picture overload but I just think their facial expressions are the greatest.

4 comments:

Brassy Apple said...

oh how fun! I have a small rocking chair from when I was little! :) they will cherish them!

Krista Hegstrom said...

I love their cute little faces! How fun!

Rendi said...

So cute...now can you make Karsten one? Or have your MIL do it??? Karsten has those exact jammies Preston has on so he should have a chair to match!

Meechelee said...

Oh fun, I tried to spray paint the nursery furniture before I had Sadie and that was a nightmare. So glad those rocking chairs turned out so cute!