Saturday, June 19, 2010

Coeur d'Alene

Got to go on a business trip with my man, with no kids. Here were some of the fun things we did.

-Dinner cruise around the lake (lasted 3 freaking hours, but it was fun)
-Room service
-Got to work out every day at the little gym there
-Read a whole book, cover to cover in less than 3 hours with no interruptions. I was starting to think I was slowing down at reading, turns out I can do it without interruptions. :)
-Sunday Brunch buffet with a chocolate fountain (and everything to dip in it), creme brulee, cheese cake... it was simply amazing.
-Company dinner at a 5 star restaurant. We ordered sirloins which we had to ask to be well done rather than just "pan seared"...I think I would much rather just have a steak, baked potato, and salad for $10 from Texas Roadhouse. Too fancy for my blood.
-The weather was kind of bad so we just stayed in the room. Turns out there are a lot of fun things you can do there...
-Went swimming several times with Stephen. This is my favorite part of the whole trip. When you are married for 6 years it seems like when you have time to talk its just about bills and the children, right? Well I was afraid that our trip was going to be consumed with this. Turns out we do have a lot in common! Ha. Anyways, Stephen was adorable in the pool and we played a lot of childish games. I am not going to list my very favorite things because I want to keep them private, they are memories I hope I cherish for a long time. It was just so nice to not worry about anything besides being with one another. Almost like we were dating again. I think we need one of these trips every single year to reconnect with each other. By the time we left, I was madly "in love" with him.

6 comments:

The Pincock Family said...

Aaron and I need to have a trip like that. We have not left our kids with anyone for 5 years. I am glad you got to reconnect. I bet it was nice to read a book and being alone. You crack me up. I am glad you got to go.

Cammy Patton said...

Oooh la la - sounds so fun. Next year you guys should go to Chicago - I'll watch your kids :)

Stacey said...

I would recommend the every year thing. I think it's great for the marriage. Mark and I have already been on 2 this year.

Brian | Juliana said...

Next time you're up there you should look up my folks... I'm sure they'd love to see you.

Anna Beal said...

Oh so jealous am I. So glad you had a great time. Every couple needs some time like that :)

Kari Stevens said...

I love living in Coeur D'Alene because there are so many things to do here! The weather has been abnormal from what I here though so that has been a bummer. Glad you had fun! I have yet to go on the cruise around the lake.