Thursday, August 6, 2009

Our trip to the Oregon Coast...

This is Katelyn. See Katelyn play in the sand. See Katelyn smile.
Katelyn ran into the ocean. See Katelyn face plant in the water. See Stephen. See Stephen run to save Katelyn.See Katelyn without a shirt. See Mom. See Mom run. See Mom run after Katelyn with no shirt.See dirty Katelyn play in the sand. So we went to the Oregon Coast and me being naive, thought we would actually be able to swim in it. It threw us all for a loop when we drove an hour and half and went from 104 degree weather to 58. Needless to say, I was not prepared. When I realized it was apparent that we would not be swimming I thought we could at least get cute family pictures. HA! These are about all we got. Katelyn had a blast, and we did end up having a good time.

6 comments:

Kami Satterlee said...

YEAH!!! I'm so glad you had fun but more glad that you're home. Let's play! We are now going to the coast on Monday!!!

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

The oregon coast is always tricky for weather - and freezing!

looks like you had a good time. we loved going there this summer as well....

Cammy Patton said...

Yeah I am not in love with the Oregon coast too much - so freezing - but it looks like you guys had a marvelous time at the topless beach :)

Angela said...

Love the pictures! you need to go to the OTHER coast to enjoy beach swimming!

Anna Beal said...

Love the Coast! Did you know I served my mission there? Anyway...its my favorite place other than home.

Stacey said...

We were there about the same time as you. We were lucky and found a beach that had a lake (water that had not receded when the tide went out). It was warm and we actually got to swim in it.