Sunday, July 26, 2009

Deep Thoughts by Kendra Nicolaysen...

This post is totally random things. I think about posts often and these are on my mental to-do-list, so here you go. This is our hall that I love now. For those of you who have come over in the last couple months, I know this is old news, but I am still excited about it. We used to have this icky green leafy wall paper, now we have a stylish brown with wainscoting on the bottom, love it.

I worked at the Humanitarian center a couple of weeks ago and took home some pillow cases to sew, it inspired me to finish some other projects. I cut bite marks out of the middle apple on the shirt, I think I am pretty clever. Sewing with a toddler and a baby, good times. Doesn't happen often.


I bought this cute little sign and we hung it up on our front patio (Stephen actually hung this one with his mom, tee hee hee) it will not stay straight. But I decided I like it crooked, because that's my life. It's wonderful, and it's a little crooked. :) Deep, I know.


I gave Preston his first hair cut with Stephen's face razor that has this neat blade to cut side burns. He kept trying to grab it, so I was pretty proud of myself that I didn't mess up.
And my last thought, (there are no pictures on this one, you'll thank me later). After being bit 4 times in 36 hours, we gave up on nursing. Preston loves bottles and formula. It's weird to me, but good. I was sad for a little while but realized I don't need nursing to bond with him.

6 comments:

Kami Satterlee said...

I love all your randomness. The sign in perfect cricked and way to go with the breastfeeding for so long your a trooper! Boob Jobs 2010!!! Utah's special buy one get one free, road trip;)

Rendi said...

Love the dress- you are so creative! Love the wall, love the haircut, and really love the boob talk!

Angela said...

i love the hall too! and the dress..way to go. It is so cute!

Cammy Patton said...

Do they have a special three for one discount in Utah? I am in need :) I have a huge list as well that I need to blog about so I love the randomness... I promise to sit down and be random sometime soon.

The Nielsons said...

Fun and funny update. I'm sad that blogs are my only connection to you 8th warders...I'll give you a call in a week when swim lessons are over then we'll party.

Amy Michelle said...

I love your hallway, it's gorgeous! I admire your sewing talent. I have a nice sewing machine my husband bought me 5 years ago and everytime I use it it stops working. ( I know I am super talented!) As far as the boobs go, if I could give you some of mine I would in a heart beat. I nice nip, tuck and perk job would be awesome! ;)