Monday, July 20, 2009

Dodd Reunion

Long Drive, Beautiful mountains, nice sleeping quarters, great food, great company, Rook, Rook and More Rook. Soft Ball, Sliding down the mountain slide and screaming because you can't hold on. Intimate moments caught in the making, (not going to mention any names), laughing so hard. Katelyn peeing her pants and then running around without them for all to see. Attempting to be cool and go "Running" with Stephen. Elevation is 6,000 feet, allergies are bad, I am not as cool as I think I am.

On the way home Katelyn trying to get out of her car seat.

Mom, "Katelyn you can't get out because if Dad crashes you'll get hurt."
Katelyn, "Crash the car Dad."
Repeated several times and getting louder each time, by the 10th chant, Mom joins in.

Get home, 4 loads of laudry to do and surprise it's done!!! Relief in knowing that the next reunion is not for another 2 years. Ha.

2 comments:

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

What? no photos? sounds like a great time!

Hey - I bet Preston could rival and probably WIN in the Summer chub department ;) Love those chubby babies!

Cammy Patton said...

I love family reunions - I know I am weird - and rook is totally my game. Since we moved we didn't get to go to any this summer so I am a little bit jealous - I love the chanting in the car story :)