Saturday, March 13, 2010

Little Ruffer

For those of you that have the pleasure of knowing my Grandpa and Grandma Fowler, I just love them. They are from Alabama and they are hilarious. I think they have dated since grade school or something ridiculous like that, and they are still so in love. I went up to Garden Valley a couple of days ago with the kids for a little break. Katelyn relayed a story to Stephen and you'll get the punch line later, it's pretty darn funny.

Katelyn: "Um Daddy when I was in Garden Valley, my Grandpa called me a little ruffer. And then my Grandma said, Ben don't call her that, she's a sweet little girl. And then my Grandpa said, I know, she's a sweet little ruffer."

I laughed and laughed when I heard this. My grandpa calls people little heifers. He always says, "In our family that's a term of endearment." Sorry I just thought that was too funny.

On another note, Preston said Grandpa while we were there. It was so stinking cute. I keep thinking he is still a baby because to me he is, and I am not planning on having another one for a while. Anywho, he throws his food all the time and I just pick it up. Well yesterday he threw it and Stephen disciplined him by firmly telling him no, and patting his hands. Preston pulled out the biggest cutest frowny face I have ever seen in my entire life. It made me want to laugh and cry. He handed Stephen his hot dogs. This proves that he can actually understand us and needs to be told no more, by me. Oh my baby is growing up.

2 comments:

Hailee said...

I couldn't even count the number of times I've been called a heifer! I love our family :)

Krista Hegstrom said...

I love your grandparents! They're awesome and this story is hilarious!