Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Updates

This morning Katelyn said, "Take a picture with me and all my junk stuff. Oh wait, let me do my mermaid tail." Ha ha. She is so freaking awesome. So like 4 days ago we were having the hardest time with her. She was throwing fits like crazy and we were both at the end of our ropes. Then yesterday and today she has been a perfect angel. She went to dance class all by herself and didn't throw a fit which hasn't happened in months. She is such a spit fire but man I love her. Oh Stephen taught her about boobs so now she randomly brings them up. Today she pointed to her Cinderella Barbie and was like, "Look at her boobs." She asked when hers were going to get big and I told her when she is 20. Then she asked if they were going to get huge like a giant. Yikes, new subject please!
This picture is what Preston is made of. When he is sleepy, he carries around his binkie and his blanky and he is the sweetest little boy. Eventually I will wean him but he's not even a year and a half and he is my baby. He has recently said bath, roll, and grandpa, all in the right contexts. He is starting to watch tv shows which is awesome for a slacker mom like me. He will sit on the couch or lay on my bed and watch Barney. It allows me to do necessary things, like I don't know, shower!

I am so excited about these next 3 pictures. We have lived at our house for 5 years now and for 5 years I have wanted new light fixtures. We previously had nasty gold ones that were way out dated. The first picture is the new fixtures in the bedrooms and the hall.
This is our new chandelier for our kitchen. It's simple, but I love it. You can't tell from the picture but these fixtures are black with an antiqued brown showing through. I heart them, and the fact that it was only $60. Katelyn said she wants one like this in her room. Hee hee.

This is the new fixture in our entry way. I love doing home improvements. Next is our ceiling fan in the living room. It makes me feel like we have a whole new house, which helps when I get a little stir crazy.
I am so grateful to be married to such a talented and intelligent man! He is a white collar worker that can do a blue collar job too! This fixture was especially hard to do and I am so grateful that he didn't give up. Thanks honey for making our home beautiful!!

3 comments:

Amberly said...

I'm loving the fixtures! we've got to do that in our new house and I'm dreading making those decisions. I totally agree that they update the whole house. and what the heck, stephen teaching his little girl about boobs?! your house would be hilarious to hang out at!

Krista Hegstrom said...

That little girl...she's so funny! And I want to snuggle with Preston, what a cutie. Good job on the lights Stephen, they look great!

Brassy Apple said...

love the updates! :)